At LXR it is our stated mission to provide our aspirational customers with access to a curated assortment of quality, authenticated pre-loved luxury products. We are delighted that you have chosen to rent with us.
In this regard, we have agreed to rent (and/or allow you the opportunity to later purchase) this pre-loved luxury handbag to you as a ‘renter’, provided that you agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions of this agreement. In addition to the terms outlined further below:
- You are 18 years of age or over;
- You agree to be charged for each month you rent our product;
- You understand and agree that your credit card will automatically be charged for the period of time a product is rented by you and is in your possession;
- You are responsible for ensuring that this pre-loved product is well cared for while in your possession;
- You understand and consent that we will need to perform or will have conducted a background check on you with an ID verification system;
- You understand and consent to our partner’s terms and conditions as per details below.
- The information provided in your Application is truthful and accurate and complete in all respects;
- If we have any reason to believe that a returned bag is not the same item that was shipped originally to you, that we have the right to automatically charge your credit card for any re-authentication costs and or/ the full retail price of the bag; and
- That you will promptly advise us of any issues immediately, including any damaged or lost product within 12 hours following reception of the product.
The foregoing recitals form a part of the agreement, and you and LXRandCO Canada, Inc. (LXR) agree to the terms of this agreement in consideration of your compliance with the terms of this Agreement and in exchange for our rental of the goods to you.
By agreeing to this rental Agreement between myself and LXR, I agree to the following:
Rental Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (the "Agreement") are a legal agreement between you and LXR, with head offices located at 7399 Boulevard St-Laurent, Montreal, QC, Canada H2R 1W7, establishing terms and conditions under which you will communicate and provide information, and rent pre-owned luxury handbags (each a "rental product" or "rental products") and receive related services from us via our website at www.lxrco.com (the "Website"). “You” and “your” refer to the person who signs this Agreement, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to LXR.
BEFORE YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE YOU LAST USED THESE SERVICES. BY CHECKING THE BOX, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING ALL WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO RENT FROM US.
You agree to the Terms and Conditions laid out on our website at www.ca.lxrco.com and agree to follow all guidelines listed. Our Rental Products may be used by any individual; however, the person entering into this Rental Agreement must be above the age of 18 years old when signing. By accepting this agreement, you acknowledge that you are at least eighteen years of age and that you are authorized to use the payment method selected for this Rental Agreement. If you are above the age of eighteen years and you are signing this rental agreement for someone under the age of eighteen, you are fully responsible for the use and care of all Rental Products and any legal liability that may ensue.
- The Rental Agreement. These Rental Terms and Conditions, any additional agreement signed by you, any documents or agreements (or pop-up window online documents or agreements) sent to you electronically in connection with your rental), any shipping labels provided to you, and the return receipt with charged rental fees together constitute the "Rental Agreement" between yourself and us.
Renting With Us
- Your Rental. You have rented from us the rental product listed on the Rental Contract as well as our website, ca.lxrco.com. This rental is solely a transfer of possession and not of ownership. You agree to the terms in the Rental Agreement provided any such term is not prohibited by the law of a jurisdiction covering this rental, in which case such law controls. You also agree that you cannot assign, delegate or transfer your obligations under the Rental Agreement and or any other rental document provided to you by us.
- Changes. Any change in the Rental Agreement or our rights must be agreed to in writing and signed by an authorized LXR employee. Any changes you receive must be updated through an email communication with the customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org. No amendments to your contract will be considered valid if they are not changed and confirmed to you by email to email@example.com. You agree that we have the unilateral right to change these Terms and Conditions periodically. These changes will be either upon written notice to you, in paper or electronic form, or immediately following the posting of such changes on our website. Such changes will apply to rentals that you reserve after such notice has been given, as indicated by the date of such notice, if sent in written form, or the date such changes are posted on our website, which date will be indicated therein, without any requirement by you to sign the changed Terms and Conditions. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted as they occur on our web site located at www.ca.lxrco.com and will dictate the new terms and conditions of all applicable rentals commencing after posting even if the terms provided at time of reserving the rental product are different.
The rental period linked to this agreement includes the preliminary rental period chosen at the start of the rental as well as any additional months for which you decide to keep the product rented. Rental period ends the day the product is scanned and shipped back to us.
- Rental Fees. You hereby authorize us to charge to your credit card the Rental Fee for your Rental Product. The minimum rental period is three months. The Rental Fee is comprised of the monthly rental price as well as the voluntary rental insurance that you may or may not select for your Rental Product. You agree to be charged upfront for a total amount equivalent to the first three months of rental plus the first three month of insurance if selected, starting when your Rental Agreement is placed and will be charged on the same day of each additional month following the first three months of the selected Rental Agreement, until the product is sent back.
- Late Fees. To avoid late fees, the rental product must be scanned by our shipping partner on the last day the original rental period agreement ends. For each day the product is not sent back, you authorize us to charge a late fee of $6.00 per day for the first 7 days missed. After 7 days, we will bill you for a full month’s rental.
- Damage Fees. You are responsible for ensuring that the product is well cared for while in your possession. For damages beyond normal wear and tear, you agree that we shall have the right to charge you, and you shall pay, for the price of repairing or replacing the said Rental Product, as determined at our discretion, up to and including the full New Retail Value of the original Rental Product.
- Lost or Stolen Rental Products. You are responsible for ensuring that the product is well cared for while in your possession. You agree that for any lost or stolen Rental Products, we shall charge you, and you shall pay, for the price of replacing the Rental Product, as determined at our discretion, up to and including the full New Retail Value of the original Rental Product.
- Non-payment. Subject to the terms under “Late Fees” above, in the event of continued non-payment of your monthly fee under the Agreement, we reserve the right to transfer any costs related to collection linked to your unpaid agreement as well as any interest that could occur on your late payment. We reserve the right to engage in any actions necessary to claim any pending amounts such as legal action or third party collection agencies.
- All the prices displayed are before any applicable taxes and all applicable sales and other taxes will be added to your monthly rental based on the billing address you provide.
- Insurance fee. LXR offers a voluntary product insurance for minimum damages such as minor stains, normal wear-and-tear, missing beads, stuck zippers or other minor damages. We reserve the right of determining what is considered as minor damage. “Minor Damage” is defined as a damage that can be reversed, fixed or cleaned in a timely manner without affecting the overall quality and integrity of the bag as a whole. Voluntary insurance is offered at an additional monthly cost of $15.00 plus applicable If you choose the insurance, you will be charged this amount for every month the bag is rented. Once selected, insurance cannot be cancelled during the rental term.
- Receipt of the Rental Product. Upon reception of the rental product from LXR, you must verify the following within 12 hours of receipt. Failure to do so may lead to additional charges.
- You agree to verify the condition of the rental product upon receipt. Any condition differences must be reported immediately. You must confirm the condition or report any discrepancies directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , within 12 hours of receipt. Otherwise, it will be assumed that all rental products were received in acceptable condition as stated, and you may be held responsible for any damages or wear not disclosed.
- If your rental product arrives in a condition that is not reflective of the rental product you rented online, you must immediately report any discrepancies through by sending an email to our customer service team at email@example.com . You must provide photos of the additional damage that was not pictured online so that it can be evaluated. You will then be provided with return shipping documentation and/or additional steps provided to you by email.
- Return of the Rental Product. You agree to return the rental product to us in the same condition you received it, on the date, at the time and using the return label that was provided to you in the initial shipment. The shipping labels are provided to you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . You must return it sooner on our demand. If you return it earlier or later, a different or higher rental rate may apply and, if returned later, you may also be charged a late return fee. If you return it earlier, you will not be given any reimbursement for the days left unused on the rental. You may not return the rental product using your own shipment labels or by shipping the rental product. If you do, your responsibility for damage to or loss of the rental product will continue, and all charges stated on the Rental Contract will be charged to your personal credit card. I understand that I may be charged for another month of rental service if I do not use and activate the return shipping documents provided to me.
- Purchase of the Rental Product. You may purchase any Rental Product before the end date of your rental period. To purchase, you must request a buyout price via e-mail at email@example.com. If you accept the offered price, you will be provided a link to our online website. Following the completion of your purchase, legal ownership of the Rental Product will be transferred to you and your Rental Agreement will be considered fulfilled.
Returns and Swaps
- Returns: This rental agreement is valid for the entire duration of the rental selected and cannot be cancelled. No refund will be issued if the bag is returned early.
- Swap: One swap is allowed per 6 months period, within 10 days after the start of the rental and subject to a restocking fee of 50$CAD.
The swap procedure is outlined as followed:
- Send an email to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 days of your initial rental to request a swap. Our team will issue you a return label to ship the bag back.
- Prepare the shipment according to the guidelines and return the package to us.
- Proceed with a new rental on our website https://ca.lxrco.com. A new rental cycle will start so you can enjoy the full period.
- A refund for your original order, net of the 50$CAD restocking fee will be issued to your original payment method after evaluation of the returned product and proof that another rental was started.
Please note that if no rental is started again, we will assume that the bag is being sent as an early return, hence no refund will be issued.
Refund can take up to 10 business days to appear on your credit card.
Evaluation of the returned Rental Product
- Evaluation of your returned Rental Product. Your Rental Product will be evaluated by one of our expert employees as soon as it is returned to our warehouse using the shipping documentation provided to you through your online customer portal. We will evaluate the Rental Product to ensure it arrives in the same condition as which it arrived to you. Normal wear will be determined as follows:
- Normal wear and tear consists of the following: minor stains, missing beads, stuck zippers or other minor damage covered by the voluntary insurance you paid for with your Rental Product. Please note that if you did not purchase the voluntary Rental Insurance, and your product is deemed to be damaged, you may be charged the full repair price of the Rental Product.
- For damages beyond normal wear and tear, you agree that we shall charge you, and you shall pay, for the price of repairing or replacing the Rental Product, as determined at our discretion, up to the full New Retail Value for the Rental Product.
- For lost or stolen items, you agree that we shall charge you, and you shall pay, for the price of replacing the Rental Product, as determined at our discretion, up to the full New Retail Value for the Rental Product.